Wednesday 13 March 2013

'2013 PLATFORM ACCESS' Preview Exhibition!

Hellooo !!!!! 
So, at the end of last week a new preview exhibition opened here at Incheon Art Platform featuring introductions to the work of the artists in residence who will be based here over the upcoming year. The '2013 Platform Access' Preview opened last Thursday and will run until 26th May, so if you happen to be in town you can pop along and check it out!!! You can see most of the works of both the Korean and International artists in Hall B and I have some digital images showing in Hall A which is open daily 10-6pm!!!! Last Thursday IAP hosted an official opening ceremony for visitors to come and listen to all of the artists introduce their work and afterwards there was a party for everyone to meet each other, the IAP team and fellow artists (which included strawberries in cups and cute biscuits!!!!!).
Also all of the promo materials about the exhibition are here which show all of the artist's work and give a bit of background information about their creative practice! 
You can see a sneaky peek of my stuff in the exhibition catalogue in the photo below (the work featured is my '16th Century Wall Weaver' installation that I produced during my previous residency with 'Guestroom Maribor' in Slovenia)
....and I now have my new business cards for whilst I'm here which even have my name on in Korean characters....yeah, that's pretty exciting!!!!!
It's been really great using IAP as a base to begin my research as it's a really nice environment to 
work in and now I am currently in the process of starting with some textile sampling that I am developing from my research so far....Ok, so I shall leave you with a few photos as it's off to bed for me ready for an early start fabric sourcing tomorrow!!!!
Night Night!!!
Love Emma xxx




No comments: