Monday 26 May 2014

Yayoi Kusama at Seoul Arts Center!!

안녕하세요~ANNYEONG HASEYO!!!
Morning from sunny Seoul!!!!!!!!! So as promised, I was going to give the Yayoi Kusama exhibition it's very own blog post just because it was simply soooo AMAZINGGG!!!! I've been a MASSIVE fan of her work for years~ more so since having the chance to first see some of her work in the flesh when  I attended the Aichi Triennale in Japan a few years ago... So I was SUPER SUPER SUPER EXCITED when I heard that she had a solo show opening here in Seoul!!!
The exhibition, 'A Dream I Dreamed', opened on 4th May at the Hangaram Art Museum in 'Seoul Arts Center' and will run until 15th June 2014~ so if you are in town it's more than worth a visit!!! She is showcasing a medley of more than 100 pieces including: film, sculpture, installation and painting~ it was really incredible...I'm hoping to whip back for round 2 before it closes because I just need to see it again!! As part of the exhibition you can see her 'Obliteration Room' as well as the awesomely, magical mirrored infinity rooms!
Aaahhh...it was phantasmagorically wonderful...not much more I can say apart from share a few photos that I took during my visit~ her work is phenomenal, her thought processes alongside her aesthetics and expression BEYOND amazes me ...was incredible to see such a GLORIOUS abundance of it in one place at one time!!! 
So I shall leave you with a few snapzzz!
Love and Sparkles,
Emma
xxx







No comments: