Thursday 21 April 2011

Hello Kitty Cafe!!!


Afternoon from Taipei!!!
This week has been by far my FAVOURITE week since I've been in Taiwan! It's been super busy, productive and sooo many fun times!!! Yesterday marked the final chapter of my project here and I was working with a local creative team, on location, shooting all of my new pieces! It was awesome to collaborate with a totally new bunch of talented people and I'll be posting updates and images all about that soon! Aside from that I've been squeezing in a tonne of exciting meetings in the last few days before I leave for the UK as well as drinking as much green tea milk as I can and doing a ridiculous amount of shopping! There's been lots of catching up with friends and seeing as much of the city as I can before I wave farewell to the island!

A few nights ago I finally got to do something I've been waiting to do FOREVER! We went to the Hello Kitty Cafe!!!! This gem is in Xhongxiao Fuxing in Taipei and is called 'Hello Kitty Sweets'!!! It was the best place I have ever been and I totally want to live in there! Everything was Kitty themed with rhinestones and sparkles everywhere and AMAZING cake!!! We went there for dinner so also saw some savoury action... they don't have an English menu in the cafe but, they have staff who could tell me what they could do for a vegetarian option! I ended up with some juicy pizza which I was happy about as my cravings for Western food are at the pinnacle right now!!Yayyy!

Obviously we had to sample some of the special Hello Kitty cakes which was the hardest decision ever because they ALL looked amazing and ludicrously cute!!!

The shop front is impressive....total Kitty Land....clearly I would have preferred to have taken a nice photo without the piles of garbage bags and the annoying car blocking the view...but you get the idea!!!

And now I own a special Hello Kitty toast cutter that I discovered in the SOGO Department store nearby...it goes without saying that from now on I will be making kitty toast for breakfast EVERY DAY!!!!
And that's the run down of the past few days!!! I only have a few days left here in Asia which I plan on being action packed and I'll be posting images from the shoot and my new work ASAP!!!
Love and Hello Kitty Dreamzzzz.
Emma
xxxx

2 comments:

Daisy said...

..!!!!!!! the hello kitty burger (i sadly went on the site) looks amazing!!!!! + Ive commented on to many of your blog posts emma...

Emma Bell said...

eeeeh I know....I'm so bad at replying!!eek!!! How amazing is Kitty cafe?!?!i want to work there and live there....would you believe they also have a Hello Kitty maternity hospital here?!?!xxx